Why can't I create a live stream?

I followed the tutorial here: Create a live stream and connect live video.
I then used the python code and tried to start a livestream with it, using sandbox mode rather than production. This gave me the following 403 error. Why?

Traceback (most recent call last):
apivideo.exceptions.ForbiddenException: (403)
Reason: Forbidden
HTTP response headers: HTTPHeaderDict({'Server': 'nginx', 'Content-Type': 'application/problem+json', 'Transfer-Encoding': 'chunked', 'Connection': 'keep-alive', 'Cache-Control': 'no-cache, private', 'Date': 'Wed, 08 Feb 2023 20:25:13 GMT', 'X-Server': 'core-api-002-prod', 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin': '*', 'Timing-Allow-Origin': '*'})
HTTP response body: {"type":"https:\/\/docs.api.video\/reference\/authorization-disabled-live-stream","title":"You cannot create a live stream from this project.","status":403}

I tried to see if I could upload a video and that worked: Upload your first video.

Also, fwiw, the upload a video quick start could be a lot better, at least in the python section. The use of APIs is a mishmash among the parts and the use of the video_id is incorrect. I got it to work, but this would be a great place to put more attention to detail.

Oh. I finally found this:

“We have temporarily disabled our live streaming feature for all new projects created after July 2022.”

Hey, that’s not cool. Can you guys put that loud and clear on your website please?

Hello, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused by testing our LiveStream feature and not being clear that it was disabled for new users. We are slowly re-opening this feature, would you be interested in trying it out?

Regards,

could I get access? :slight_smile:

Hi @diego.lazares, I have checked with my colleague Artem and you should already have access to this feature.

Regards,