Livestream player has trouble staying LIVE

We have been using livestreams heavily recently and are starting to notice some issues with the livestream player. Sometimes the player will have trouble staying LIVE and even seek way back in the video timeline. It seems like the player is getting confused. This is a serious issue for us and is making us look at other streaming solutions. Is there a way to disable the timeline and make sure the video always plays live?

Hi Michael,

Zeni here. Just want to let you know that we are going to be looking at this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hi Zeni,

Thanks for taking a look, let me know if I can provide any other information to help.

Michael

Good morning. If you hide the progress bar by using the hideControls() method you shouldn’t have this issue any more of your live streams going backward. On the player side, we can only “simulate” the DVR deactivation (by hiding the progress bar, forcing the playback to go at the live edge when the user clicks on “play”, etc…)

We aren’t currently able to reproduce the issue so it is difficult to solve it directly. if you can provide us with any info to help us with reproduction, we would be grateful :pray:

I think it happens if you broadcast, stop broadcasting and then rebroadcast again. It seems like it’s an issue stitching together the segments when streamers go live. The other day we had multiple streams stream back to back using the same stream key on the same channel.

Hi Michael,
If that is ok with you, I will set up a meeting today to debrief the issues you met.
Alexandre