[Bug] Video Player Captures Mouse Scrolling for Volume

We’ve noticed in the newest video player update that when the mouse is over the video player it’s capturing the scroll wheel so you can no longer scroll the page. Instead, it seems to adjust the volume up and down. We’ve had some users report that there’s no sound and we believe it’s because of this bug/behavior.

Sending over to the player team to reproduce - thanks!

Doug

Thanks Doug, hoping there is a quick resolution for this. It’s driving a lot of us crazy over here and the reports about no sound are piling up.

This was fixed on Tuesday, but I was out yesterday :slight_smile:

1 Like

We just confirmed it is fixed! Thank you for the quick turnaround time!

1 Like

This works as expected for me in Chrome (102). However, I’m still prevented from scrolling on Safari (15.5) when my cursor is over the player. It doesn’t seem to adjust the volume, however.

I’m not sure whether it would be more appropriate to create a new thread about this, please let me know and I’ll be happy to do that.

Hi Paul,
We were not able to reproduce your issue on Safari 15.5. On our side scrolling while the cursor is on the player works properly. Could you please send us a link to a test page showing the issue so that we can make further investigations?