We’ve just added the .MP4 delivery beside the HLS!
From now on you can ask an MP4 version for each video you upload.
We’ve made the choice to offer only one streaming quality. The quality is limited to 1080p if the video has a higher resolution than 1080p. Otherwise the MP4 will be displayed according to the video resolution.
- I upload a video in 720p --> I have the MP4 in 720 and HLS in 240p, 360p, 480p, 720p
- I upload a video in 4K --> I have the MP4 in 1080p and the HLS in 240p, 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p, 2160p
- Supported by all browsers
- MP4 fallback on api.video player if the HLS is not covered.
- A downloadable format for your app for example
Here is our documentation.
Hope this will help you with your video project!